Understanding trends in health care
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
For several decades, the rapid increase of health spending in the United States has been the subject of many discussions and great scrutiny. For additional background on this subject, read the following articles:
- org/post/indias-philanthropist-doc-delivers-cardiac-surgery-henry-ford-style” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener”>Article 1
- Article 2
- Article 3
Based on the information that you gained from these articles and in this course, how does the growth of health care cost impact the government and employers? Complete the following:
- Articulately summarize the growth and impact of health care costs.
- Analyze the essential indicators of economic benefits per unit on the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and on employment.
- Based on your research, give recommendations for improvement or change.
Ensure that you integrate economic terms, frameworks, and models throughout the review.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
Burnette, P. (n.d.). Understanding trends in health care. Retrieved from the Burnette Financial Group Web site: http://burnettefinancial.com/?page_id=6
Kaiser Family Foundation. (2015). Health costs. Retrieved from http://kff.org/health-costs/
McCarthy, J. (2015, Jan. 5). India’s philanthropist-surgeon delivers cardiac care Henry Ford-style. Retrieved from the KUOW.org Web site: http://kuow.org/post/indias-philanthropist-doc-delivers-cardiac-surgery-henry-ford-style
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials