Technology drivers of IT infrastructure evolution
What are the stages and technology drivers of IT infrastructure evolution?
• List each of the eras in IT infrastructure evolution and describe its distinguishing characteristics.
• Define and describe the following: Web server, application server, multitiered client/server architecture.
• Describe Moore’s Law and the Law of Mass Digital Storage.
• Describe how network economics, declining communications costs, and technology standards affect IT infrastructure.
What ethical, social, and political issues are raised by information systems?
• Explain how ethical, social, and political issues are connected and give some examples.
• List and describe the key technological trends that heighten ethical concerns.
• Differentiate between responsibility, accountability, and liability.
What are the challenges of managing IT infrastructure and management solutions?
•Name and describe the management challenges posed by IT infrastructure.
•Explain how using a competitive forces model and calculating the TCO of technology assets help firms make good infrastructure investments.